Rules and Regulations of the Arthur Fall Fair
1. All stock, produce and other articles exhibited must be the property of the person in whose name they are exhibited. This rule will be strictly enforced.
2. Membership fee for 2023 shall be $5.00 per person. Each member will be furnished with one numbered membership ticket.
3. The treasurer will complete payment of prize money by November 1, 2023. Prizes, awards and prize money must be claimed, and cheques cashed on or before December 15, 2023, or forfeit the same.
4. The treasurer shall retain $5.00 membership for 2024 fair from prize money minimum $5.00 (Homecraft exhibits)
5. Entries must be made in the name of the producer or manufacturer, or his agent duly authorized. If any person or his agent shall enter an article for exhibition as produced or manufactured by himself, when it has not really been so, he shall forfeit any premium, which may be awarded the article and be excluded from exhibiting in the future.
6. Parties at a distance, sending entries addressed to the Secretary at Box 771, Arthur, ON. N0G 1A0, will receive their entry tickets at the Secretary’s office on the day of the show. As it is impossible to make all entries on the morning of the show, exhibitors will see to sending their entries in time, especially those living locally.
7. All entry forms for livestock must be in the hands of the Secretary by 10:00a.m. Saturday, Sept. 9th, 2023
8. All articles to be shown in the hall to be delivered on Friday, September 8th, 2023, before 11:30 a.m. The judges will make their awards, the prize tickets will be placed and the hall open to the public after 7:00 p.m., September 8th, 2023.
9. ALL EXHIBITS will be removed at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, September 10th, 2023. Halls will be vacated and locked at 4:00 p.m. to allow the Directors to remove the exhibits from the displays and place them in exhibitor piles before pick up time at 4:30pm. NO ONE EXCEPT FAIR VOLUNTEERS AND DIRECTORS ARE ALLOWED IN THE HALLS DURING THIS TIME.
10. In the case of a dispute concerning any entry being incorrectly entered, the matter will be resolved by the judges and directors.
11. All halls will be locked at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 9th, 2023. This includes the arena floor, the main hall and the curling club.
12. No person will be allowed to interfere with the judges during the inspection of stock, etc. except the directors appointed for the purpose whose duty it will be to point out various lots.
13. Any person who attempts to interfere with the judges or officers of the Society while discharging their duties, or shall on the premises of the Society, use any contemptuous or abusive language, shall be immediately removed from the grounds and shall forfeit all prizes to which, he would otherwise be entitled, and may be further disqualified from competing at the Society’s events at the discretion of the directors.
14. All protests must be submitted in writing within 24 hours after a prize is awarded and accompanied by a $25.00 deposit. If said protest is not sustained the $25.00 will be retained by the Society. The executive and director in charge of the section shall constitute a standing committee to hear and decide the outcome of such protest.
15. While the directors of the Society agree to take every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety of articles sent to the fair, it must be distinctly understood that the owners are required to assume all risks of exhibiting.
16. If from any cause the receipts for the year are not sufficient to pay the prize list in full, the directors reserve the right to pay such a portion as the board deems possible after paying necessary expenses. The directors feel this course is the most equitable and fair, and any deduction will fall proportionately on all those participating, and not leave the whole sum to be a debt or bear heavily on the Society and impair its usefulness.
17. In the event of inclement weather, accidents or injury to persons, animals, or vehicles at the fair, the Society reserves the right to cancel any or all sections of the show, whatever is deemed necessary.
18. The Society prohibits and shall prevent all kinds of theatrical or acrobatic performances, exhibitions or shows and shall prevent peddling of animals, fruits, goods, wares or merchandise on the grounds or within 300 yards thereof, unless especially arranged with the Society and for the value considered.
19. The Society regrets any errors or omissions in the prize book but cannot accept any responsibility or offer any compensation.
All entires (beef, dairy, sheep) require CCIA tags in order to enter the fairgrounds