Rules and Regulations of the Arthur Fall Fair
1. All stock, produce and other articles exhibited, must
be the property of the person in whose name they are
exhibited. This rule will be strictly enforced.
2. Membership fee for 2022 shall be $5.00 per person.
Each member will be furnished with one numbered
3. The treasurer will complete payment of prize
money by November 1, 2022. Prizes, awards and
prize money must be claimed, and cheques cashed on
or before December 15, 2022 or forfeit the same.
4. The treasurer shall retain $5.00 membership for
2023 fair from prize money minimum $5.00
5. Entries must be made in the name of the producer
or manufacturer, or his agent duly authorized. If any
person or his agent shall enter an article for exhibition
as produced or manufactured by himself, when it has
not really been so, he shall forfeit any premium, which
may be awarded the article and be excluded from
exhibiting in the future.
6. Parties at a distance, sending entries addressed to
the Secretary at Box 771, Arthur, ON. N0G 1A0, will
receive their entry tickets at the Secretary’s office on
the day of the show. As it is impossible to make all
entries on the morning of the show, exhibitors will see
to sending their entries in time, especially those living
7. All entry forms for livestock must be in the hands of
the Secretary by 10:00a.m. Saturday, Sept. 10th, 2022
8. All articles to be shown in the hall to be delivered
on Friday, September 9th, 2022 before 11:30 a.m. The
judges will make their awards, the prize tickets will be
placed and the hall open to the public after 7:00 p.m.,
September 9th, 2022.
9. ALL EXHIBITS will be removed at 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 11th, 2022. Halls will be vacated
and locked at 4:00 p.m. to allow the Directors to
remove the exhibits from the displays and place in
exhibitor piles before pick up time at 4:30pm. NO
ONE EXCEPT FAIR VOLUNTEERS AND
DIRECTORS ARE ALLOWED IN THE HALLS
DURING THIS TIME.
10. In the case of a dispute concerning any entry being
incorrectly entered, the matter will be resolved by the
judges and directors.
11. All halls will be locked at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday,
September 10th, 2022. This includes the arena floor,
the main hall and the curling club.
12. No person will be allowed to interfere with the
judges during the inspection of stock, etc. except the
directors appointed for the purpose whose duty it will
be to point out various lots.
13. Any person who attempts to interfere with the
judges or officers of the Society while discharging
their duties, or shall on the premises of the Society,
use any contemptuous or abusive language, shall be
immediately removed from the grounds and shall
forfeit all prizes to which, he would otherwise be
entitled, and may be further disqualified from
competing at the Society’s events at the discretion of
14. All protests must be submitted in writing within 24
hours after a prize is awarded and accompanied by a
$25.00 deposit. If said protest is not sustained the
$25.00 will be retained by the Society. The executive
and director in charge of the section shall constitute a
standing committee to hear and decide the outcome of
15. While the directors of the Society agree to take
every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety of
articles sent to the fair, it must be distinctly understood
that the owners are required to assume all risks of
16. If from any cause the receipts for the year are not
sufficient to pay the prize list in full, the directors
reserve the right to pay such a portion as the board
deems possible after paying necessary expenses. The
directors feel this course is the most equitable and fair,
and any deduction will fall proportionately on all those
participating, and not leave the whole sum to be a debt
or bear heavily on the Society and impair its
17. In the event of inclement weather, accidents or
injury to persons, animals, or vehicles at the fair,
the Society reserves the right to cancel any or all
sections of the show, whatever is deemed necessary.
18. The Society prohibits, and shall prevent all kinds
of theatrical or acrobatic performances, exhibitions or
shows and shall prevent peddling of animals, fruits,
goods, wares or merchandise on the grounds or within
300 yards thereof, unless especially arranged with the
Society and for the value considered.
19. The Society regrets any errors or omissions in
the prize book, but cannot accept any
responsibility or offer any compensation.