Class 32 Domestic Preserves & Bernardin Specials
Director: Mary Slater 519-848-6520 & Susan Shaw
1. ALL ENTRIES MUST HAVE TAGS SECURELY ATTACHED BY STRING or ELASTIC.
2. Must be in jars not less than 8 oz (250 mL)
3. Jars not sealed will be disqualified.
4. No wax permitted
5. Articles to be picked up Sunday. September 13th 2020 at 4:30 PM
Prizes: 1st $5.00; 2nd $4.00; 3rd $3.00
Canned or preserved fruit:
1. Fruit cocktail, at least 3 fruits.
5. Strawberries, tame
Jams and Jellies:
To qualify for Bernardin Special, a proof of purchase must be attached.
9. Black Currant jam
10. Black Currant jelly
11. Red Currant Jelly
12. Raspberry jam
13. Strawberry jam
14. Peach jam
15. Strawberry & Rhubarb jam
16. Blueberry Jam **NEW**
17. Cherry jam
18. Any other kind of jam; not named
19. Any other kind of jelly; not named
20. Jam, uncooked freezer
Miscellaneous (in pint jars)
23. Salad dressing, cooked
24. Corn Relish
25. Mustard Bean Pickle
26. Hot dog relish – no artificial colouring
27. Cold meat relish – no artificial colouring
28. Pickles, sweet
29. Pickles, cucumber, dill
30. Pickles, bread & butter
31. Pickles, beet
32. Chili sauce
33. Pickled Corn
34. Zucchini relish
35. Pickled eggs
36. Icicle Pickles
37. Dilled beans
38. Salsa, any type (Please label if Mild, Medium, Spicy)
Class 32B: 2018 Bernardin of Canada LTD. Specials
1. Use of Bernardin Mason Jars/Snap lids must accompany each entry, as proof of purchase. Bernardin jam/jelly Award requires Bernardin Pectin package or UPC as proof of purchase.
2. All entries will be judged on appearance, texture and creativity of recipe and presentation. Decision of Fair judge will be final.
3. Winner’s name and address must be submitted with each entry.
4. All first place winners must submit proof of purchase, photograph for gift pack competition, itemized description/cost and signed release form giving the sponsor (Bernardin) permission to use, without payment, the winner’s name and/or photograph in any other advertising or publicity.
5. National Gift Pack contest prizes will be sent directly to the winners.
For recipes and helpful hints on Home Canning visit:
B-1.) Bernardin Best of Show Award
“Best Home Canning” entry submitted in a Bernardin Mason jar and SNAP Lid.
Judges choice of Best Home Canning.
Entry from among qualifiers in Class 32: Domestic Preserves.
1st Prize $30.00 Gift Certificate plus rosette Prize ribbon
B-2.) Bernardin Jam/Jelly Award
Best jam/jelly using Bernardin pectin.
One 8oz jar chosen from section 9-19 Class 32 Preserves will win this prize.
1st $20.00 gift certificate plus Rosette Prize Ribbon
B-3.) Bernardin Gift Pack Competition
Best Gift Pack submitted in Bernardin mason jars and snap lids. Judges select winner based on creativity, quality of home canned product, perceived value & appropriateness of presentation
1st $20.00 gift certificate
B-4.) Bernardin Snap Lid / Mason Jar Creative Craft Award
Best Decorative or Functional Homemade Craft using a Bernardin mason jar(s) and/or 2 piece SNAP lid
CRAFT MAY NOT BE SHOWN FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS IN A ROW
1st Prize $20.00 Gift Certificate